It has. It's really been a month since I blogged. Gawd, I'm terrible! I never thought I'd be that when-it's-convenient blogger.
You must understand, so much has happened to me in the last 30 days. No excuses, but I've never had my life whirlwind in front of my eyes quite like this before. Wait, let me back up...that's a lie. When Kevin and I first started dating it was exhilarating, much like this. For those of you who know me...
I started a new job.
Not just any job. The one job I prayed for every night and day for 45 days straight. Thankfully I'm extremely cocky when it comes to applying for anything I truly want, because I always get it. Maybe that showed through my personality and that's why I landed it. Just sayin'.
I'm now the Dallas Community Manager for Yelp(.com).
Perks: I work from home, travel for the job and set my own hours and have my own freedom. However I'm learning with passion for a job comes dedicated commitment, no matter what time of day. Example: Right now, I'm sitting the Houston Magnolia hotel lounge working (well, blogging..duh) and probably won't go to bed before 2am. But most days I get to "sleep in" until 8:30am (HEY, it's sleep in to me), so I consider it a trade-off in my favor when compared to the usual 5:45am rise time at my old job so I could get to the gym before work.
No cons. Really.
Just a recap:
- I started with Yelp on my birthday (June 1st), in Chicago for a Regional meeting for the week (wooo! I even got cupcakes!). But was third in birthday present rankings...1st was my mom coming down for a weekend to spend time with me, and second was the Tiffany's ring from a certain someone.
- My boss, Andrea, came down to Dallas from Chicago for the second week of June to show me the ropes of my new job. My head might still be swimming in information...
- This week I've been in Houston, helping out the Houston Community Manager (Farrah) for her June event. It was an awesome time, check it out at http://www.yelp.com/biz/yelp-elite-squad-event-flemings-prime-steakhouse-and-wine-bar-houston#hrid:TguZHDigGEJHM81uIXQI7A/src:self
- Next week we head to Florida for 10 days for vacation. Shhh...I'm taking my laptop. Can't live without it now.
I PROMISE promise PROMISE not to let my faithful readers down again like I have. I'll make time. I swuuuur.
Here are a few pics from Chicago's Regional meeting. I like my coworkers :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment