Friday, March 27, 2009

FINALLY, more visitors!

We've been begging our friends to come out to Granbury for months now, and lately the only ones that seemed interested were Lyndsey and Lane. But alas, some of them pulled through and came out to the lake with us! We convinced Lindsey and Brandon to come out after Lindsey got off of work at Be-Dazzled! on Saturday night. My friend Erin also joined us.

I left on Friday after work with Erin and Shadow in tow, and left Kevin behind to go party with some of his friends. The man needed a night off of parenting so I was happy to take the dog with me.

Erin and I stayed up late but had a great time. We woke up Saturday and waited on Kevin to get there so we could all go to lunch. We took her to the Nutshell, and downtown Granbury was hoppin'! They had an entire celebration going on for General Granbury's Birthday (silly, yes) with vendors and all kinds of entertainment set up. We also went over to my parents' house to take a cruise on the lake.

getting some much-needed sun on my pale ass

That night, Lindsey and Brandon showed up and we had a huge dinner and stayed up - again - past our bedtimes. SHOCKER, I know.

the feast of appetizers

one shot, two shot, three shot...

more champagne, please!

we want YOU to come party with us

we ran out of limes, so we resorted to lemons

Everyone left early on Sunday and Kevin and I stayed until around 5. We came back to Dallas and met his sister Teri, Jeremy and Stephanie at Red Lobster for dinner. Kevin had seen the "Lobster Fest" commercial earlier that day, which prompted him to yell, "HONEY! IT'S LOBSTER FEST! We're going. That's where we're going. Yup. Dinner at Red Lobster." If I didn't know any better, I would have thought a small child climbed inside him and discovered the candy jar.

No comments: