Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lyndsey and Lane Weekend

Welp, looks like I'm a first-time homeowner. Ray and I signed the closing documents last Friday afternoon and my boss told me not to come back, but to go celebrate. You don't need to tell me that twice. I bolted out of the office at 1pm and took care of everything while waiting on Kevin to get home from work. He showed up late that afternoon with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne (oh goody! that makes two bottles in my fridge!).

So we did a little celebrating before heading over to Lyndsey (my other half while in college) and Lane's house for dinner and drinks. On the way, we stopped at our neighborhood liquor store to grab some adult beverages. Most of you probably won't find this half as funny as we did, but I had homemade cupcakes in stow that had to be taken into account while we left Shadow in the car to do God knows what. Kevin suggested an alternative solution to avoid another Sugar Lips incident, because we all know what happens when we leave him in the car alone:

Safe from someone's paws.

I can only imagine what other liquor store patrons thought walking up, perhaps that we were trying to nonchalantly feed the homeless some sweet treats? Or maybe that I had made toxic cupcakes and we wanted to poison any cupcake thieves?

Dinner was fantastic, both are great cooks. Thanks so much guys for an awesome meal! The dogs (Shadow, Libby and Sadie) all had a hell of a time and so did we humans. Here are the highlights:

  • Shadow and Libby are now a couple according to Libby. She loves to kiss Shadow. But I don't know if Shadow's ready to date yet...hell, he's not even old enough to drive!
  • We learned that you can in fact throw a Wii remote into a flatscreen and it will not break it...at least when Kevin throws it.
  • One and a half bottles of red wine will make you slur. And will affect your ability to score over 50 in Wii bowling. (What? I was celebrating. Duh.)
  • After drinking those bottles, don't open your mouth if pulled over by a policeman. Let Kevin do the talking.
That's right. We got pulled over leaving their neighborhood because someone had reported a suspicious black SUV driving around. It wasn't us of course, but I made sure not to point that out to the nice policeman. Thankfully Kevin hadn't had much to drink that night and we were let go without any questions.

Purple lips

Shadow couldn't use the Wii controls very well so he lost.

Saturday afternoon we left town for Granbury with Lyndsey, Lane, Libby and Sadie following. We spent the rest of the day drinking, making dinner and playing Apples to Apples and Cranium. We didn't go to bed until nearly 4am! That's way past this old geezer's bedtime. Right Kevin?

After our late-night board games - which the girls TOTALLY dominated - we slept in on Sunday and woke up just in time to grab lunch. We took them to Pearl Street Station to get some grub before they left town.

Good times were had for all, and we were just happy that SOMEONE wanted to actually come to the lake with us! We were beginning to think that we just smelled bad or were really boring! Thanks Lynds and Lane, we hope to have you both out there again soon!

No comments: