Saturday, May 9, 2009

It looks like one of them “modern” kitchens

That’s how my dad describes it. Isaias finished the kitchen a little over a week ago and it looks better than I could have EVAH dreamed. There were a few hiccups towards to end: chipped/scratched paint, scratched up dishwasher, stained carpet; but he took care of them as soon as I pointed out the mistakes. He even removed a stubborn doorknob from my bathroom for me because I didn’t own the right tool! I couldn't believe the transformation from an old, outdated kitchen to a new cooking arena that he accomplished for such a relatively modest budget.

I Yelped about Isaias’ contracting business, Monterrey Construction. He’s a stand-up, honest man that I would definitely trust (and will, definitely) to do more projects in my home…and better yet, I trust him being in my home.

The back wall of the kitchen hasn’t been painted yet, I guess I’ll blame it on my social life. A girl’s gotta have some fun, duh.

The only question now, is what do I hang on the future-yellow-wall? Any suggestions?

Next up are new floors (hardwood, of course…or cheat and do laminate hardwood); a bathroom makeover to raise the ceiling, re-tile everything and…well basically gut the entire damn thing; and scrape that stooooopid popcorn off of my ceiling. I mean, hello?! SOOO 1960s. Eww. But this will all come when I win the lottery, of course.

Several people have asked me for pictures, so I’ll keep you waiting no more. {drumroll please…}

Duh-duh-dun-uh!





No comments: