Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shooshmortieth Birthday

For those of you who have watched Knocked Up you'll understand my blog title. Much like "shooshmortion," Kevin refuses to refer to his latest birthday using the actual number. So for amusement purposes, shooshmorty is the new, well, you know.

I gathered up several surprises for his birthday, some of which just fell in my lap and others I worked very hard to get. Early last week, I told him he had FIVE, yes five, surprises. I've never seen someone get so excited about a normally dreaded birthday day.

1. Key lime pie, his favorite. I made it on Tuesday and kept it in his freezer...he's so easy to hide things from.
2. Let's just leave this one between he and I.
3. His sister Denise sent me a bottle of his favorite champagne, Veuve Clicquot, signed by the vinter himself.


4. I told him where we're really going for his birthday this coming weekend -- Seattle (he thought it was San Diego...long story).
5. A watercolor print from the original artist of a Montauk, Long Island lighthouse oil painting by Ken Swinson. This one was the best of all, according to Kevin.


And so Shadow didn't feel left out, he got a surprise too. A new collar from The Mod Dog!
I made my family's famous chicken spaghetti with Rachael Ray's Sliced Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sorta-Caesar Salad, and we drank wine and champagne and had a great night all together.

messy kitchen

Unfortunately, I had to get up early the next morning and leave by 9am for Lubbock so we were in bed by midnight. My best friend from childhood is getting married on November 15 and as the maid of honor, I headed the bachelorette party along with the matron of honor.

Happy Shooshmortieth Birthday babe! I look forward to spending many more with you :)

No comments: