Last Friday night, I convinced Kevin that we needed a real Christmas tree. Yes, he is moving out of his place 3 days after Christmas Day, but Christmas isn't Christmas without a tree and presents underneath. Even if that means taking it down before we leave town for Christmas holiday.
My family never had a real Christmas tree while I was growing up. I thought it was because of my mom's allergies. Turns out we never bought one because Muleshoe is the 1/10th the size of a pin prick on a map...Christmas tree sale yards don't exactly set up shop within a reasonable distance. Another reason why I set up shop in Dallas.
So every year after Thanksgiving, my family would drag out the biggest dustiest box in the attic, down the stairs (I probably learned my first curse word while executing this task), and across the living room so we could unfold all of the layers and put all of our handmade ornaments on it. Don't get me wrong - setting up the tree was a tradition I looked forward to every year. But there's something special about a real tree.
But back to Friday night. We opted for the rich-man's Walmart for all of the ornaments and decorations; then Kevin took me to a Christmas tree yard off the Tollway to look for trees. When we got home I made hot apple cider...laced with the good ole Captain, duh. Decorating a tree without booze is a Christmas crime in my book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment