Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sugar bread + milk = nutritional breakfast

About two weeks ago, my mom passed on to me a loaf of Amish Friendship Bread, along with a "starter" package and instructions. At first glance it looked like a big blob of a 1st grader's attempt to make sugar cookie dough in a gallon ziploc, so I was a little doubtful that the thing would actually turn out like it's supposed to be.

Ten days of mushing later, I had two loaves of cinnamon-sugary bread in the oven and surprisingly they came out smelling the exact opposite of its original mess in the Ziploc...which my nostrils identified as belonging to the same smell class as B.O., rotten milk and cardboard. Not to deter you from ever eating it or anything.

And sort of like a baking chain letter, I made 4 "starters" from my dough and passed them along to four other people: Leigh, Brook, Denise and Brittany. I even shipped Denise's (Kev's sister) overnight all the way to New York. Hopefully they'll all pass it on and enjoy it.

Here's the starter recipe. Again, I can't stress this enough....DON'T SMELL THE ZIPLOC GOO.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awww. Is there still one for me? How come Denise gets her's overnighted? Huh? Huh?

I'm not THAT far away......