This weekend Leigh, Katie and Katie's boyfriend Matt are caravaning it down to Hood County to join us for late nights on the deck, boat rides and full tummies. This should be a fun group if last year's Little River trip is any indication of what's in store.
I regret not posting summer 2008 events when I originally started this blog (August '08) - because if I had, the Little River cabin trip would have definitely made for a good story.
But it's never to late to procrastinate, right?
Here's the Cliff Notes:
Leigh and Katie's mom and stepdad have an awesome cabin in a little country club community in Little River County, Arkansas. Leigh has always bragged about how special and magical the place is, so when she invited Kevin and I to go last July, we pounced on the offer. Also on the trip was Lance, Blaine, Katie's now ex-boyfriend and a few other folks.
We drank too much, ate too much (thanks to Leigh's awesome cooking mom) and got way too sunburned. Their cabin looks like the CEO of Coca-Cola vomited in every crevice of the house but it adds to the homey-warmth of the place...and it's pure peace out there. It felt like we had stumbled on a small piece of untouched land. FREAKING AWESOME.
Below are a few pictures that tell the story of how much fun we had the entire weekend. And if I could sum up the trip in three words, they would be:
- Beer
- Ribs
- Moonshine
No comments:
Post a Comment