Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Look Ma! New Countertops!

Since my last update, Isaias has come a long way with the kitchen. The remaining countertop was removed, the fridge was switched out to the new one (which is now sitting lovingly next to the liquor rack) and the microwave was hauled away. With the countertop removal came the sink removal and all plumbing was disconnected.

The following morning, I had to wash the strawberries for my yogurt parfait in my bathroom and cut them on my coffee table. It felt really gross to eat strawberries washed off by the same faucet water that rinses off my used toothbrush, but whatever. You gotta do what you gotta do. We've also started eating and drinking with plasticware because the dishwasher is of no use - and I'm NOT washing my plates in the bathroom. That would be crossing the line.

Before the fridge was removed

Mmm, it's delicious

Late last week, Isaias removed all the cabinet door hardware, primed them and cut the shelf above the refrigerator space to make room for the new one.
Then yesterday I came home to find them all painted bright white and it made them look brand-spankin new. Slap a little color on 'em and they're good as gold (or white?)!

And today I came home - and the granite countertops were done! I'm so wicked stoked, they look great! I'm finally beginning to see light at the end of this tunnel!

Shiny new sink - no more bathroom strawberries!

My kitchen is black tie only, so get your tuxes ready boys

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Either thats one short fridg or one HELL-A-Liquor Rack!!!!!!!


Gald to see it all commin together!!!